The annual Westpac Auckland North Business Awards, run by Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development (ATEED), are designed to increase business capability and support the region’s economic growth.
The benefits to organisations entering the awards are wide and varied. Companies which enter the awards are assessed against international best practise aligned to the Baldridge system. This, combined with comprehensive feedback from experienced judges, allows entrants to learn and build on their potential and capability.
Chris Lock, ATEED Acting Manager Business Growth – North, says the awards create an opportunity to be publically recognised as an outstanding business.
“I encourage any business thinking about entering this year’s awards to attend a free entrant workshop. The workshops clarify the entry process and explain what makes an award winning entry from the judges perspective.”
Last year’s winners were selected from more than 140 entries from a diverse mix of companies from the area stretching from Te Hana to the Harbour Bridge and across to Kumeu. These businesses benefited from the prestige, publicity and improved performance which can all result from entering the awards.
Take the first step towards greater success by registering for a free entrant workshop on 9 May or 6 June at BusinessAucklandNZ.com/Awards or contact Keri.Hickmott@aucklandnz.com or (09) 354 0059.
Join in the awards conversation on Facebook.com/AKLBusinessAwards
Westpac Auckland North Business Awards 2013 categories:
- Westpac Supreme Business Excellence Award
- Telecom Business Hub North Shore Best Emerging Business
- Babcock Excellence in Leadership
- RSM Prince Excellence in Strategy and Planning
- Simpson Western Excellence in Customer Engagement
- Eclipse Recruitment Employer of Choice
- Massey University Excellence in Innovation
- The EcoPro Cleaning Co. Excellence in Social Responsibility & Sustainability
- Small Business of the Year
- Best Medium - Large Business
- Excellence in Exporting
- The FoodBowl Excellence in Research and Development
Notes to editors:
Awards entries close Friday, 14 June. The 2013 winners will be announced at a black-tie dinner on Friday, 6 September 2013.
For further information, please contact:
Janine Brennan-Lynch, Senior Communications Advisor
Phone (09) 365 0654 or 021 417 188