Auckland’s people and leaders are committed to reducing our city’s impact on the environment. Auckland Convention Bureau can offer advice on ways to make your Auckland business event more sustainable.
Auckland Convention Bureau (ACB) is committed to sustainable practises. We are a specialist unit within Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development (ATEED), which has achieved Qualmark Enviro-Silver status.
Here are some practical sustainable actions for your event:
- Many international airlines have sustainability programmes to offset carbon emissions from air travel. We encourage you to investigate these when making travel plans for your conference or event.
- choose accommodation and conference facilities committed to sustainable practises
- ask your suppliers to provide sustainable options, such as energy-efficient technology, minimal packaging, seasonal produce on the menu, and recycling facilities for plastic drink bottles
- encourage attendees to travel around Auckland by public transport, or use certified low-emission taxi companies, as part of the transport strategy for your event
- make registration to your event electronic and distribute hand-outs electronically or on a conference disk
- choose locally made gifts or mementos for attendees
- set sustainability goals for your event and encourage your delegates to help achieve these goals.
For assistance with sustainable conferencing in Auckland, contact the ACB team.