- Sip delicious wines at New Zealand’s most awarded winery
- Play a round of mini-golf at Treasure Island
- See saltwater crocs, free-flying tropical butterflies and swing from highropes
- Auckland Airport is New Zealand’s largest and busiest airport
- Auckland Airport is located next to Manukau Harbour
- Villa Maria is a family owned business which was founded in 1961
Auckland Airport is possibly not the first place to spring to mind, unless you’re an avid plane spotter. But the area that surrounds it has become a destination in its own right with a number of attractions that shouldn’t be missed.
First stop is Villa Maria Estate which is New Zealand’s most awarded winery. This family owned vineyard produces outstanding wines that are enjoyed by both us kiwis and wine drinkers from across the world. Sample wines at the cellar door or treat yourself to an exceptional lunch in the vineyard café. Villa Maria is also an extraordinary venue to enjoy an outdoor concert so make sure you keep your eye out for one of the outstanding events featuring well-known singing sensations.
Great activities to keep the whole family entertained include a friendly round of mini-golf at the pirate themed Treasure Island, a trip to Butterfly Creek to see saltwater crocs and free flying tropical butterflies and Rocket Ropes where you can get the adrenaline pumping with some high-ropes action.
View Auckland Airport in a larger map