- Head to Mount Victoria and North Head for spectacular views of Auckland City and the Waitemata Harbour
- Explore Devonport’s military history at North Head and the Torpedo Bay Navy Museum
- Take a self-guided walking tour or see the sights by segway, bike or mini-bus
- Treat your tastebuds at the cafes, bakeries and the village’s famous chocolatiers
- Devonport is just a 12-minute ferry ride from downtown Auckland
- Devonport is home to the Royal New Zealand Navy
- The Victoria Picture Palace & Theatre is the earliest purpose-built cinema still in existence in the Southern Hemisphere
- Devonport is famous for its impressive collection of beautifully restored Victorian villas.
Devonport is a picturesque seaside village only minutes away from downtown Auckland. From the breathtaking city and sea views to the stunning beaches, boutique shopping and charming accommodation– it’s no wonder Devonport is popular for day trips and holidays. There is even a helpful visitor information website Visit Devonport to provide you with inspiration for your visit.
The stunning peninsula is a magnet for artists and craftspeople - stroll around and see their creations at one of the acclaimed galleries dotted around Devonport. With its rich history its well-worth taking a self-guided walk around this seaside location to learn more about Devonport’s fascinating past. There are some beautiful beaches in Devonport including Devonport Beach and Cheltenham Beach, which is a safe tidal beach and is popular with families.
Whether you are visiting for the day or staying at a Victorian B&B for a while, Devonport is a beautiful place to relax and unwind while enjoying the village atmosphere and seeing the sights.
View Devonport in a larger map