Oneroa and Little Oneroa are two golden beaches on beautiful Waiheke Island, the jewel of the Hauraki Gulf. Waiheke is the perfect escape – it feels like another world away but is just a 35-minute ferry ride from downtown Auckland.
Shady pohutukawa trees line the white sands and calm waters of Oneroa and Little Oneroa.
Facing north, both sunny beaches are popular with locals and the many visitors who head to Waiheke Island in warm weather. Just minutes away is Oneroa village, with its cafés, restaurants, shops and art galleries.
- Both beaches are ideal for safe family swimming.
- Bring a picnic and soak up the incredible scenery.
- Take the kids on the playground at Little Oneroa and cool off with an ice cream.
- Kayaking is a great way to explore – bring your own or hire them locally.
- Walk up to Oneroa village for a refreshing drink, or linger over a leisurely lunch or dinner.
- Take more time out and stay on Waiheke overnight – there are lots of accommodation options, from backpackers to holiday homes and luxury lodges.