Celebrate Chinese New Year at the 2016 Auckland Lantern Festival from Thurs 18 – 21 Feb. The festival is moving to a new venue this year – the Auckland Domain – so there’s more room than ever before.
Be entertained and dazzled by more than 800 handmade Chinese lanterns, thrilling on-stage performances, traditional festivities, Chinese art and more – and there's a range of activities for all ages. Plus, it's free to attend!
- The spectacular illumination of over 800 handmade Chinese lanterns
- A street full of stalls selling delicious Asian delicacies and crafts
- Lantern making demonstrations
- Stunning on-stage performances of traditional and contemporary Chinese culture including martial arts, dance and live music from international performers
- Grand finale fireworks display
Photos from the 2015 Auckland Lantern Festival #LanternAKL