Create a sense of occasion at the Auckland Town Hall. This venue offers elegance and sophistication for every event.
The Auckland Town Hall is one of New Zealand’s most important heritage buildings. For more than 100 years, it has been at the centre of Auckland’s cultural, social and political landscape.
Built in 1911, this landmark building was fully restored in the 1990s with event use in mind. The Edwardian Baroque style is represented with attractive stained-glass windows, ornate plasterwork, sweeping staircases and spectacular chandeliers.
Theatre-style seats in both the Great Hall and Concert Chamber are easily removed to create large open spaces. In fact, all rooms at the Auckland Town Hall suit gala dinners and cocktail parties, as well as business events. The building functions brilliantly for varying sized events with excellent circulation space, breakout rooms, three foyers and two bars.
The Great Hall is steeped in history and makes for a beautiful setting. The stalls level provides a large flat area suitable for a wide range of events.
Considered to have some of the finest acoustics in the world, The Great Hall is also home to New Zealand's largest pipe organ. The scale of this incredible instrument adds to the room's very special décor. As an iconic music venue, the room has a permanent concert platform, making it ideal for presentations and ceremonies.
Every room has a sense of history and sophistication, but are easy to theme for a more modern setting. From exhibitions to school balls, launch parties to awards ceremonies, Auckland Town Hall has seen it all.
Located on Queen Street, in Auckland’s central business district, the venue is conveniently located with nearby parking facilities, excellent public transport links and a plethora of accommodation and entertainment options.
Regardless of the type and size of your event, Auckland Conventions will help you find the right space. When you book Auckland Town Hall, you will be allocated a dedicated sales and event planner to bring together the practical and creative elements. They will provide options for technical services, catering and security that fit your specific requirements and help reduce your stress levels.
- Distance from airport: 20km
- Located in CBD
- Easy 2 minute walk to nearest car parking building
|Room Name||Theatre||Classroom||Banquet||Cocktail||Area (m²)|
|VIP Room 1||40||20||30||40||50|
|VIP Room 2||30||15||20||25||40|
Amenities and services
- City centre location
- Ornate and dramatic décor throughout
- Theatre-quality technical facilities on-site
- Excellent circulation space within the building
- Well-served by accommodation, parking and public transport
- Every booking receives a dedicated Event Planner to coordinate your event
- We will customise a venue package for you, no two events are ever the same.
- Our technical team will put your mind at rest, taking care of all things technical, lighting and projection. It’s what they do best.
- Food and beverage is of the highest quality, as we have partnered with some of Auckland’s best catering specialists.
- Safety and security is paramount at any event. Our security team are highly trained professionals who ensure your guests enjoy a safe and secure event.
- Service is our primary focus, let Auckland Conventions deliver your event vision.