It’s easy to create the WOW factor at The Civic. This unique venue has dramatic and opulent features that lend itself to cocktail parties, awards ceremonies and gala dinners.
After an extensive refit in the late 1990s, The Civic combines 1920s glamour with modern technology.
All rooms are unique, but all create a sense of atmosphere and occasion. Additional elements such as the large Indian-themed foyer, sweeping double staircases and extensive circulation space around the ornate bars make The Civic function extremely well for large events.
The centrepiece of this venue is The Civic Auditorium. Decorated lavishly, the room includes dramatic pillars, spires and minarets. But the focal point has to be the ceiling where twinkling lights give the illusion of a starry night.
The auditorium combines comfort and a stunning setting with on-site technical facilities to build drama and impact in what is New Zealand's largest atmospheric theatre. You can take advantage of the whole auditorium which seats over 2000, or just use the stalls or combine the stalls with the front of circle. Host an intimate meal "under the stars" with seated dinners up to 150 on the stage, ideal for weddings and corporate celebrations.
Other spaces within the venue provide a more intimate setting. For example, the Wintergarden with its beautiful bar and dance floor is the perfect setting for themed dinners and parties, holding up to 410 guests for a banquet and 700 for cocktails. But this versatile room also has all the technology necessary for serious work and is a popular venue for seminars, product launches and awards ceremonies.
This much-loved Auckland landmark is popular for gala dinners, cocktail parties, awards ceremonies and corporate presentations. Plus its city centre location means it is well-served by parking, public transport and hotels.
When you book The Civic with Auckland Conventions, you will be allocated a dedicated sales and event planner to bring together the practical and creative elements. They will provide options for technical services, catering and security that fit your specific requirements and help reduce your stress levels.
- Distance from airport: 22km
- Located in CBD
- Parking 5 minutes walk away
|Room Name||Theatre||Banquet||Cocktail||Area (m²)|
|Taj Mahal Room||60||50||70||110|
Amenities and services
- Elegant heritage décor with the ability to add theming
- A choice of rooms within the venue
- CBD location with excellent transport, accommodation and leisure options
- Some of the finest acoustics in the world
- Every booking receives a dedicated event planner to coordinate your event
- We will customise a venue package for you, no two events are ever the same.
- Our technical team will put your mind at rest, taking care of all things technical, lighting and projection. It’s what they do best.
- Food and beverage is of the highest quality, as we have partnered with some of Auckland’s best catering specialists.
- Safety and security is paramount at any event. Our security team are highly trained professionals who ensure your guests enjoy a safe and secure event.
- Service is our primary focus, let Auckland Conventions deliver your event vision.