Please use the application form below to apply for permission to film in Auckland public places. A permit is required for areas such as footpaths, roads, parks, beaches and other public amenities.
Before you start, please make sure you have the following information:
- Planned location(s)
- Planned filming dates
- Shoot information, including equipment to be used
- Production details
- Supporting information such as traffic management plans or consultation plans.
A minimum of three working days’ notice is required for processing permits for small shoots. Larger shoots that involve road closures and/or changes to usual public parking will require public notification, and those permits will take a minimum of 10 working days to issue.
Some shoots may not need a permit
If your shoot meets the following criteria you will probably not need a permit:
- A small crew (fewer than nine people)
- Will only use hand-held equipment
- No interference with public access.
However, we recommend you speak to a Screen Auckland film facilitator or complete the enquiry form below.