Want to create animated characters that convey real emotions, mimic life, and evoke empathy? You’re in the right place. Animation College is the only college in New Zealand to offer degree and diploma level courses specializing in 2D & 3D character animation.
Learn skills to breathe life into characters and tell stories that inspire, influence and entertain. These are the skills that make our graduates unique and in demand locally and internationally across a wide range of mediums and technologies.
AMES IT: If you want to kickstart your career in IT, you’ve come to the right place. IT is the industry of the future and AMES is one of New Zealand’s leading IT education providers. IT is all we do; we’ve been doing it for 25 years and we do it exceptionally well. An AMES IT course is the first step towards your future – who knows where it might take you.
Courses and programmes offered:
- Bachelor of Animation - Level 7 - 3 Years
- Diploma in Digital Media - Level 7 - 36 Weeks
- Diploma in Applied Animation - Level 6 (3D) - 2 Years
- Diploma in Applied Animation - Level 6 (2D) - 2 Years
- Bachelor of Creative Software Level 7 - 3 Years
- Diploma in Distributed Software Development Level 6 - 36 Weeks
- Diploma in Cloud Technology Level 7 - 45 Weeks
Am I eligible to apply?
- Minimum age of 18
- Evidence of written and verbal English ability. IELTS (Academic) score of at least 6.0 with no band lower than 5.5 or TOEFL score of 550, or equivalent
- Submit a portfolio as specified in the Portfolio information forms
How do I apply?
The first step is to download the International Application form, read it thoroughly, and ensure that all documents requested are included. Application checklist:
- Completed International Application Form
- Verified Copy of Passport
- Verified copies of academic transcripts
- Verified copies of your school reports
- CV with two employer/academic references (if applicable) and work experience letters
- IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with no band lower than 5.5 (or equivalent) certificate verifying English language level.
- Attending an interview
- Portfolio - for Animation Courses Please note that there is no application fee.
What happens after I apply?
Following your application:
- You will be contacted by an Animation College representative if you have been selected for an interview. This interview can be conducted in person, by phone or Skype at a convenient time for you. During the interview, our Marketing Manager will introduce you to our course and discuss study and career options with you. You do not need to prepare for this interview.
- If you are accepted into the course, you will be sent a ‘Conditional Offer of Place’ letter, an invoice for tuition fees and a Student safe Insurance, medical and travel insurance form (to complete, sign, and email back).
- The next step is to confirm with our International Marketing Manager whether you will accept or decline our Conditional Offer.
- If you are applying from outside of New Zealand, you can use the ‘Conditional Offer of Place’ to apply for your student visa. When your visa application is ‘Approved in Principle’, you need to then send Animation College this letter and pay your fees.
- Once the tuition fees have been paid in full you will receive a receipt of payment from us along with a ‘Letter of Acceptance’. You then need to submit your ‘Letter of Acceptance’ and receipt to Immigration New Zealand for your student visa to be issued.
- When you receive your student visa, please email a copy of it to us.
- Please note that you will need a valid student visa in order to study with us. Please allow a minimum of 4 weeks for your student visa to be issued.