Established in 1945 and now one of the largest co-educational secondary schools in New Zealand.
Our mission statement - “In a caring and positive environment, Avondale College will provide an education which enables all students to achieve personal standards of excellence in academic work as well as in the supporting areas of physical cultural and social development.”
Avondale College is situated in central West Auckland, close to the city centre, and within easy reach of many beaches and the international airport.
With an excellent academic record, and our own language school on site, we are in demand for international studies.
Why Choose Avondale?
- Excellent academic results
- High-tech building s and facilities on a 26 acre campus, 800+ computers
- Large choice of subjects in both NCEA and Cambridge International Examinations (CIE)
- Performing Arts Academy – music, dance and drama
- 38 sports to choose from and a Sports Academy
- Taurewa Camp outdoor education experience for each student
- Homestay with a caring family
- International student centre providing strong student supportby 5 friendly staff
- Individualised programmes and activity schedule plus ESOL support
- 20 years’ experience in international student programmes
- 230 well qualified staff who are enthusiastic about their subjects and students
- 2750 New Zealand students
Victor Street, Avondale, Auckland, Auckland