ICL Education Group, in the heart of Auckland CBD offers a range of quality General English and IELTS programmes, as well as tertiary courses in Business, Computing and Early Childhood Education.
ICL Education Group consists of ICL Business School, Auckland English Academy and New Horizon College, Napier. ICL was incorporated in 2002 and offers a range of tertiary Business, Computing, TESOL, ESOL and Early Childhood Education programmes. The Schools have mostly international students, from around 20 different countries. The ICL diplomas and certificates range from level 4 to 7 (Graduate Diploma) on the NZ Qualifications Framework, and several of the qualifications are awarded by the NZ government. ICL graduates have guaranteed pathways to University with credit transfer, or have sufficient points for a study-to-work visa and eventual migration.Our Early Childhood Education programme has government funding for domestic students. Most programmes have monthly start dates. ICL has an established research programme with half the academic staff involved. We share five doctorates and over 20 masters degrees. Auckland English Academy and New Horizon College, both established in 1988, are leading NZ English language schools and members of English New Zealand. We offer a range of general English and examination preparation courses, and show an excellent success rate, particularly in IELTS and Cambridge examinations. AEA runs separate TESOL courses for junior and senior school teachers.
In 2012 the Group aggregated over 700 EFTS (equivalent full-time students).
ICL Education Group, established in 2002, offers a range of quality Business, IT, English language and Early Childhood Education programmes:
- Diploma in Computing Level 7: a one-year bachelor-level qualification focused on IT Support.
- Diploma in Business Computing Level 7: a two-year bachelor-level qualification in Business and IT.
- ICL Diploma in Business Level 6: a two-year programme which leads to third-year entry at over 20 UK universities and offer a pathway to AUT University with up to 150 credit points.
- NZIM Diploma in Management Level 5 and New Zealand Diploma in Business Level 6: one and two-year programmes, government-owned, equivalent to the first two years of a bachelor degree.
- Diploma of Information Systems Level 5: a one-year qualifiaction focusing on programming and the business applications of IT
There are monthly start dates, and evening or daytime teaching options.
- National Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care Level 5: nine-month programme, government-owned, leading to work opportunities in an area of skill shortages.
- English language: general English and IELTS Preparation, intensive and part time. Weekly start dates.
- International College of Linguistics TESOL Course - a five-week course available all year-round.
- ICL offers study tours by arrangement.
- ICL has high success rates, and most graduates move onto higher education, employment or permanent residence.
Level 2 Dilworth Building, 22-32 Queen Street, Auckland
Level 1 & 2 Chancery Chambers, 2-8 Chancery Street, Auckland
Level 3, 238 Queen Street, Auckland
71-77 Customs St East