Media Design School teaches highly relevant, industry-integrated and production-orientated qualifications (undergraduate and graduate) enabling smooth journeys to stimulating and specific careers within the digital content
World leaders in 3D Animation, Game Development and Interactive Design education. The award-winning Media Design School offers innovative degrees that can fast-track your career into the creative industries of 3D animation, visual effects, game art, game programming, interactive design and digital media design. The curriculum is production-orientated and aligned to industry demands. Learn from experts in the field and collaborate with professionals on award-winning projects that will open studio doors.
- Bachelor of Art and Design (3D Animation and Visual Effects)
- The Bachelor of Art and Design (3D Animation and Visual Effects) provides a comprehensive technical skillset and essential project experience that prepares students for entry into global film, television, animation and game studios. Our faculty have experience in the industry and provide expert knowledge and industry insights that enhance learning.
- The Bachelor of Creative Technologies (Game Art) The Bachelor of Creative Technologies (game art) has been developed to meet industry demand for dynamic and highly skilled game artists who can work across multiple platforms.
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (Game Programming) New Zealand’s only software engineering degree that combines the strategy and creativity of game development with computer programming to create exceptional graduates with a transferrable skillset and technical knowledge that surpasses any other software engineering degree currently available.
- Bachelor of Media Design Over three years, students develop technical, conceptual and strategic skills in their chosen major − Graphic Design, Motion Design or Interactive Design− as well as a broad interdisciplinary understanding of the industry and related fields. most creative in the world by Young Guns International. The school is also a member of the D&AD International University Network – one of the most highly regarded design and advertising industry bodies in the world – and is supported by CAANZ (Communication Agencies Association of New Zealand).
- Graduate Diploma of Creative Technologies Programmes available for exceptional degree graduates in areas of interest such as animation and visual effects, game design, media design and interactive. Students study in their chosen area and complete an individual investigatory project and interdisciplinary project.
A private tertiary provider with 700 students. Approx 20% of the student population are international students.
Level 16, 92 Albert Street, Auckland
PO Box 5927 Wellesley St