The English Language Academy (ELA) is part of the University of Auckland, which is ranked in the world’s top 100 universities and the highest-ranked university in New Zealand*.
The ELA provides a wide range of English language programmes, including general and academic English courses, direct university pathways, customised group programmes, and teacher training courses. There are a number of advantages to learning English at a world class university in a top ranked city:**
* QS World University Rankings 2015.
** Mercer Consulting Quality of Living Survey 2016.
Learn from highly qualified and experienced teachers.
- The ELA employs experienced teachers with degrees and TESOL qualifications, who are all dedicated to helping you reach your goals.
- Teachers at the ELA have experience in teaching students from different countries and are able to tailor their support to the specific learning needs of their students.
Facilities and support
Get the support you need to learn and have fun including:
- Dedicated student services team offering pastoral care;
- Study Centre, open 7 days a week;
- Computing facilities equipped with learning technology;
- Help with arriving in Auckland and finding accommodation;
- Exciting social, sporting, and cultural activities.
Meet, make friends and learn English with people from around the world.
- Each year the ELA welcomes students from over 40 countries into our English language courses.
Direct Pathways into New Zealand’s top tertiary institutions
Meet the English language requirements for entry to programmes at the University of Auckland and some other New Zealand tertiary institutions. Our pathway programmes include:
- Foundation Certificate in English for Academic Purposes;
- English Pathway for Postgraduate Studies;
- English Pathway for Undergraduate Studies.
Level 5, 67 Symonds Street, Bag #163, Private Bag 92 019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand