ACB’s main role is to market Auckland as a destination for business events. Its major objectives are to:
- position Auckland as a premier business events destination
- increase business events for Auckland from both domestic and international markets
- deliver return on investment for stakeholders, especially ACB members
- leverage business events for maximum economic benefit
- advocate for the industry.
ACB team members are experts in their field, with in-depth knowledge of business event products and services available throughout Auckland. The team is based in Auckland, with an Australian-based business development manager in this important market.
- Planning – free, impartial advice to help organisers find the right people, places and services for their event. ACB can also arrange site inspections, run Auckland familiarisation tours and provide tailored proposals.
- Promotion – offering inspiring ideas and promotional materials to make Auckland stand out, as well as free access to our image library, brochures, maps and promotional video content.
- Experiences – helping event organisers choose the right activities for their groups, from wine tastings to dolphin spotting. The team can also assist with incentive travel and booking Auckland experiences for accompanying friends and family.
- Connections – ACB provides regular opportunities for people in the industry to stay in touch with its own team and each other through networking events and communications.
- International bidding – helping organisers bring an international conference to Auckland.
ACB has a specialist team to help industry leaders and academics put forward competitive bids for bringing international conventions and events to Auckland. The team can assist organisers at any stage in the process, including:
- financial feasibility studies
- bid funding applications
- producing professional bid documents
- advice and quotes for venues, activities, accommodation and service providers
- free promotional resources to boost delegate numbers.
Auckland Advocate Alliance
Auckland’s efforts to promote itself as an international destination for business events has the backing of a team of industry leaders passionate about bringing more events here.
The Auckland Advocate Alliance is a group of influential thought leaders from multiple industries and communities who are committed to growing Auckland’s business events sector, and in turn its economy. They engage with peers locally and internationally to help bring business events relevant to their sector to Auckland by opening doors, creating opportunities and communicating the economic, professional and social benefits of holding conventions in Auckland.
In 2022, Auckland will host the 18th Australasian Tunnelling Conference at the New Zealand International Convention Centre (NZICC). The conference is set to attract more than 750 delegates from around the world and the estimated economic benefit to Auckland is over $1.1million, including a total of 2,950 visitor nights.
In 2022, more than 3,000 information sector managers and professionals from across the global community will attend the The World Library and Information Congress and bring an estimated economic benefit of over $7 million to New Zealand.
The World Organisation of Family Doctors (WONCA) Asia Pacific Region Conference will be held in Auckland in 2020 at the Aotea Centre. An estimated 2,000 family doctors from throughout the Asia-Pacific region are expected to attend the event, staying the equivalent of 12,000 visitor nights, and contributing $4.1 million to the economy.
Auckland and Christchurch will come alive with the sound of music in 2020 after winning the bid to host the International Society for Contemporary Music (ISCM) World New Music Days. The ISCM is an international network of members from 50 countries, devoted to the promotion and presentation of contemporary music, with the World New Music Days being its annual festival. Auckland will host a two-day conference as part of the festival, and the ISCM General Assembly meetings, with Christchurch hosting a more informal half-day symposium.
International education policy-makers, practitioners and experts from around the world will descend on Auckland in 2021 for the Asia-Pacific Association for International Education (APAIE) Annual Conference and Exhibition. The three-day conference and exhibition will be held at the New Zealand International Convention Centre (NZICC) and is expected to attract more than 1,700 delegates and 200 exhibitors, who will stay a total of 8,700 visitor nights and contribute an estimated spend of $3.3 million while they are here.
Facial hair aficionados from around the globe will descend on Auckland for the World Beard and Moustache Championships in 2021. The World Beard and Moustache Championships is a biennial competition in which some of the most outrageous, and highly styled facial hair on the planet is on display.
In 2021, Auckland will host the 13th International Symposium of Pediatric Pain. The three-day symposium is scheduled to be held at the Cordis Auckland and is expected to deliver more than $1 million to the regional economy, along with generating 2,950 visitor nights.