Is your organisation ready for this next generation of workers?
Hearing loss currently affects around 11% of New Zealand’s workforce and this number is increasing. Youth hearing loss is on the rise globally, with 1 in 5 teenagers estimated to be living with this disability. As
these young people enter the workforce, this will have a significant impact, particularly on organisations who lack inclusivity strategies that accommodate hearing loss.
Increased levels of disabling hearing loss is a widespread global challenge. According to the World Health Organisation, 466 million people worldwide are living with hearing loss and this number is predicted to increase to 900 million by 2050.
Why you should attend?
Listen Up 2019 is your opportunity to:
• Understand the impact of hearing loss in the workplace - 90% of working New Zealanders with hearing loss report experiencing feelings of depression, isolation or hopelessness*.
• Align your disability and inclusion strategy to become a hearing loss aware workplace in 2020. Hearing loss is one of the most common disabilities to affect people under the age of 60*.
• Discover innovative solutions that will empower employees with hearing loss to perform at their best.
Expert insights and discussions
Having the capability to work alongside employees and customers with hearing loss, and being aware of the signs, is increasingly important in the workplace.
At Listen Up 2019 Conference you will:
• Gain valuable insights from our expert speakers, as they discuss the impact of hearing loss, mental health and disability in the workplace
• Take part in interactive panel discussions, and benefit from shared experiences and lessons learned
• Participate in round table discussions with cross-sector industry leaders
• Learn more about how to become a Hearing Accredited employer
• Take away practical strategies that can be implemented in your organisation.
You’ll hear from young people with hearing loss as they discuss the challenges they face and outline steps your organisation can take to create a positive and supportive environment that is hearing loss aware.
Learn from real life case studies, as industry leaders, such as NZME and Treescape, talk about their organisation’s journey and the strategies they have developed to support and accommodate employee
hearing wellbeing and why it makes good business sense.
Be a leader in diversity, inclusion and organisational change.
An exceptional day, not to be missed. Listen Up 2019 Conference will help you to connect the dots and to create more supportive, collaborative and productive workplace environments where employees with hearing loss can thrive.
Please note: If you're an employer you may be able to claim 1/3 of the cost back in your tax return. Check with your accountant for how it applies to you.
If you’re a not-for-profit organisation, you may eligible for a discount too.
*Sources: Listen Hear! 2017. World Health Organisation. NZ Trak Report 2018.
Listen Up 2019 Conference
Free live gypsy jazz quartet in an intimate cocktail setting.
Caretaker is a seated classic cocktail bar with a focus on fresh fruit, fine spirits and cocktails tailored to your tastes. Caretaker accommodates for groups of 6 or less only.
A collective of musicians who are part of different bands like the Miltones, Aradhna, Latinaotearoa and the Mighty Herbsman.
Korean Food goes beyond BBQ & Kimchi and our knowledgeable guides will introduce you to some delicious dishes.
India Flower Mall offers Flowers, Cake, Gifts Delivery in India From New Zealand.