Surfing, yoga, fitness & relaxation
Escape your every-day routine with an incredible group of like-minded, ocean-loving women!
For ALL ages, stages and fitness levels
Friday 12th March – Sunday 14th March 2021
Introducing Aotearoa Surf’s brand new Women’s Wellness Weekend. Empowering women to get out,
get active and show everyone in the line-up what it looks like to ‘surf like a girl’!
Following on from our popular Surf Sistas women’s only surf lessons, our Women’s Wellness Weekends are designed for all ages (adults 18+ only) and levels of surfer, from complete beginners to intermediates looking for progression
Lessons take place on Auckland’s favourite east coast surf beach, Te Arai, where you can expect crystal clear water, sunshine and good people!
- Modern Eco Pods or Glamping accommodation for 2 nights
- Welcome including drinks, nibbles & property tour
- Healthy breakfast each day (2 x breakfasts)
- Spread lunch on the Saturday (1 x lunch)
- Dinner table bookings at local venues (optional)
- 2 x yoga sessions including instructor
- 2 x surfing sessions including coaches
- All equipment (yoga mats, surfboards & wetsuits)
- Photo package of weekend including you surfing!
- Unlimited surfboard and wetsuit hire for your entire stay (use during free-time)
- Unlimited water, tea coffee and juice
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Help organising lift shares and transport options
Optional Add ons:
- Massage / Spa Treatments (on site)
- Join organised dinner at local eatery (Saturday night)
Learn to surf or refine your surfing techniques with Aotearoa Surf’s brand new Women’s Wellness Weekend. Empowering women to get out, get active and show everyone in the line-up what it looks like to ‘surf like a girl’!
Following on from our Surf Sistas Progressive Surf Clinics, our Women’s Wellness Weekend is a fun, holistic weekend designed to help women of all ages and skill levels learn to surf, improve their surfing skills and build more confidence in the ocean.
We will be photographing your surf sessions, allowing up to review your surfing and provide tips allowing you to achieve progression!
What You’ll Learn
- Beach awareness & safety.
- Reading the wind & waves.
- Board ocean entry & handling.
- Catching waves with best practice.
- Paddling style & the pop up.
- Surfing position & posture.
- How to accelerate and turn the board.
- Getting out the back.
- Positioning and wave selection.
- Timing, take-offs and getting down the line.
Our Slow Hatha Flow Yoga, is a combination of traditional yoga poses, dynamic movement and functional flow to help improve agility, strength and balance to complement your surfing experience. All whilst connecting to your breath and body to encourage a sense of calm and centeredness. The classes are layered to cater for all levels.
Aotearoa Surf Eco Pods make an impact from the moment you step onto the property. Enjoy the fresh air with unparalleled panoramic ocean views that will bring an instant sense of relaxation.
You will be allocated either an Eco Pod (max 2 or 3 Sistas) or a Glamping Tent (max 4 Sistas) for the duration of your stay. Please let us know if you have a preference/ if you are coming with friends so that we can group you together.
- Ocean Views
- Healthy Breakfast
- Heating/ Cooling
- Free Wifi
- House Keeping
- Sun Deck
- Entertainment Areas
Optional Free-time Activities
- Te Arai Coastal Walk (offsite)
- Subtropical Gardens (onsite)
- Bennett’s Chocolate Factory (offsite)
- Mangawhai Clifftop Walk (offsite)
- Take in the View (onsite)
- Visit the Mangawhai Museum (offsite)
Women's Wellness Weekend (Surfing & Yoga)
Learn to surf, build ocean confidence and have fun with the girls! The best way to make sure you are getting out in the water consistently and improving your skills.