GridAKL is collaboration space that is all about bringing like minds together from the ICT and digital sectors to share ideas, connect individuals with industry and power innovative thinking.
AR/VR Garage is an R&D space for companies looking to create, develop and prototype augmented reality and virtual reality applications, technologies and services.
The FoodBowl - Te Ipu Kai is Auckland’s state-of-the-art facility for food and beverage producers to test and develop new products.
Incubators and accelerators
Business incubators usually combine a business development programme with infrastructure, such as co-working spaces and networks, and are designed to nurture start-up businesses through their early development.
Accelerators offer intensive, rapid-growth programmes - usually between three and six months - to get companies prepared for investors, commercialisation and their next phase of growth, within a short timeframe.
An incubator or accelerator can help:
- validate your idea or product
- plan your business model and validate the market
- build personal business skills
- prepare you to pitch to investors
- find the right space or environment to work in
- find funding for investment and commercialisation.
See a full list of New Zealand incubators at innovationcouncil.org.nz.
Lightning Lab Electric is dedicated to teams forging new businesses in the electricity sector, and works to help develop their ideas into investable companies with potential to go global.
Astrolab adopts complex technologies across a range of sectors. Working alongside early-stage partners, it develops pathways to take New Zealand ideas to the world stage.
Shared spaces, also known as co-work spaces, offer flexible and affordable work spaces for a variety of businesses, from sole traders and business travellers to small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
- Colab NZ – New Zealand’s largest network of shared workspace.
- The Icehouse – A loft-style shared office space in Parnell.
- Generator – A serviced office, business club and functions venue, located in Britomart, central Auckland.
- The Crate – Shared office space on Auckland’s North Shore.
- Loft503 – Home to a community of like-minded creatives and entrepreneurs in downtown Auckland.
- Movers and Shakers – A one-of-a-kind co-working, meeting and event space in Britomart.
- Share Space – Provides space to work independently and the opportunity to connect, socialise and collaborate with others in New Lynn.
- Alike – A co-working space in the heart of the city.
- The Kingsmen – Provides meeting rooms by the hour, day rates on desks, wireless access, and short and long-term workspaces in its co-working space in Kingsland.
- The Arcade Auckland – A shared work space for indie game developers in Mount Eden.
- No.9 Auckland – A relaxed co-working space in Auckland's CBD with daily, weekly or monthly rates.
- The Distiller – Shared creative spaces for tech startups.
- B:Hive – A co-working space with flexible leasing options in Smales Farm on Auckland’s North Shore.
ATEED Business Support Helpdesk
Whether you’re looking to start, grow, innovate or export, we can give you free advice and help you connect with the right people or programme for your business.
Can you take the engine from a Toyota K series Vitz and convert it into a powerful jetboat engine? Turns out you can with a bit of help from ATEED.
Stay in touch and up-to-date with Auckland’s business events, news and workshops.