Learn the Poney, the Twist, the Jerk, the Frug, the Slinky... all the trademark steps from the '60s combined with fast paced music.
6-week course followed by 4 extra classes to finish the 10-week term.
- Warm up on '60s tunes
- Learning staples gogo steps
- Group routine
- Opportunity to perform on Thursday 16 February at Coney Bow Student's Cabaret Show
To enroll for a class or a course, to sign up for a concession card or a pass (burlesquercise or style block) please email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment On-site/On the day:
Payment can be made cash or via direct banking using a mobile device. No Eftpos or Credit, sorry! If you come to class for the first time you will be asked to fill in a student registration form.
Payment needs to be made via direct banking or Paypal at least 24 hours before the start of the class or the first use of your concession card/pass.
Terms and Conditions:
- A booking for a class or a course, as well as the purchase of passes and concession cards, is confirmed only once the payment or proof of payment has been received.
- Block Pass and course registrations close after the first class.
- If you would like to sign up for the course, the Block Pass or purchase a concession card after having attended your first class casually, the price paid for the casual class will be deducted from the total cost of the course/pass/concession card.
- Block Passes and courses are non-refundable once classes have started. They cannot be exchanged, transferred or shared. If you miss a class it cannot be swapped with another style during the week.
- Concession cards are not refundable, they cannot be extended, exchanged, transferred or shared.
- Classes that are part of a course must be booked in advance. If you do not book a course class at least 24 hours before the start of the class a surcharge of $2 will be applied whether you pay casually or using a concession card.
What to Wear or Bring:
- Please wear something comfortable that you can easily move in like yoga pants, leggings, shorts. Dance heels or gogo boots optional
- Bring a water bottle and towel.
More About Coney Bow:
All around dance geek with a passion for vintage musicals Coney Bow has been dancing all her life. Armed with 30 years of technical dance experience she has performed around the world. Coney was awarded the title of Duchess of the Festival at the New Zealand Burlesque Festival in 2014 and 2015 and won the title of "Supreme Grand Tease" and "Most Dazzling Dancer" at the Finals of the burlesque competition Grand Tease New Zealand 2016.
When she is not performing Coney is an accomplished dance teacher. After training in body alignment in New york and studying a Masters in dance in Paris, she moved to New Zealand where she has been teaching Contemporary, jazz, neo-classical, vintage and cabaret classes since October 2006.