Julie’s contemporary dance style is at the same time technical, quirky and powerful. She loves playing with the notions of lines, body control and change of pace.
The beginners intermediate contemporary class starts with a floor warm up that evolves into some more technical standing exercises like plies, drops and tendus before doing a series of active stretches. You will then proceed to learn short combinations across the floor to work specific technical concepts. The remaining time in class is dedicated to choreography.
To enroll for a class or a course, to sign up for a concession card or a pass (burlesquercise or style block) please email - email@example.com
Payment On-site/On the day:
Payment can be made cash or via direct banking using a mobile device. No Eftpos or Credit, sorry! If you come to class for the first time you will be asked to fill in a student registration form.
Payment needs to be made via direct banking or Paypal at least 24 hours before the start of the class or the first use of your concession card/pass.
Terms and Conditions:
- A booking for a class, as well as the purchase of passes and concession cards, is confirmed only once the payment or proof of payment has been received.
- Block Pass registrations close after the first class.
- If you would like to sign up for the Block Pass or purchase a concession card after having attended your first class, casually, the price paid for the casual class will be deducted from the total cost of the course/pass/concession card.
- Block Passes are non-refundable once classes have started. They cannot be exchanged, transferred or shared. If you miss a class it cannot be swapped with another style during the week.
- Concession cards can be used throughout all of Julie Anterrieu/Coney Bow timetable. 10 class cards are valid until Saturday 18 March and 5 class cards valid for 5 weeks from the date of purchase.
Concession cards are not refundable, they cannot be extended, exchanged, transferred or shared.
What to Wear or Bring:
- Please wear something comfortable that you can easily move in like yoga pants, leggings, shorts, track pants... Socks, soft sole shoes or barefoot.
- Bring a water bottle and towel.
Julie Anterrieu and Contemporary Dance:
Although she started as a jazz dancer Julie’s natural movement flow is contemporary based. After completing a degree in performing arts, she enrolled in a Masters in contemporary dance at Paris university. In 2011 Julie followed a young contemporary choreographers program in New York which resulted with her piece being performed off-Broadway.
More About Julie Anterrieu:
Julie took her first jazz class at 7 in her native South of France and has been dancing ever since. Trained in Jazz, Contemporary, Horton technique, BodiBalance and Ballet she has followed a Masters Degree in Contemporary dance in Paris and completed a Choreographers program in New York. She has performed as a freelance dancer and taught technique and styling workshops internationally, has been selected at burlesque festivals around the world under her stage name Coney Bow, and won several awards for her Contemporary, Jazz, Cabaret and Burlesque works.
Julie is an accomplished dance teacher. She has been teaching technical Jazz and Contemporary dance in Auckland for the past 10 years as well as cabaret, vintage and retro styles. Her classes are designed to share her passion for anything dance, combining carefully structured technical exercises and original choreographies.
Contemporary Beg-Inter With Julie Anterrieu
Free live gypsy jazz quartet in an intimate cocktail setting.
Caretaker is a seated classic cocktail bar with a focus on fresh fruit, fine spirits and cocktails tailored to your tastes. Caretaker accommodates for groups of 6 or less only.
Live jazz bossa nova in an intimate cocktail bar setting.
Caretaker is a classic cocktail bar with a focus on fresh fruit, fine spirits and hand cut ice. Groups of 6 or less only.
Come and visit this boutique market in our new venue for 2018.
The Devonport Craft & Fine Food Market is the place to go for an amazing selection of high-quality, modern, unique, locally handmade crafts as well as a delicious range of locally produced food.
Hosted every week by one of Auckland's Top Movers and/or shakers.