Learn the basics of the art of Ikebana (Japanese flower arrangement) in the Sogetsu style and enjoy the elegant and creative world. Beginners are welcome. *$20 for class materials, payable to tutor.
Tutor: Tomoko Hirano
Term 1: 17 February, 5 Weeks, $110.00
Parnell Community Trust runs an exciting programme of Community Classes and Activities at Parnell Community Centre. Our Term 1 and 2 programme runs from February to July, with flyers available now from Parnell Community Centre, central Auckland libraries and other local outlets.
Learn a Language
Start as a beginner or join us to improve your grammar and conversation! We offer multi-level language classes in French, German, Italian, and Spanish, plus beginners classes in Te Reo Māori and Tikanga Māori and Portuguese.
English for new Kiwis:
Beginners will quickly improve their English skills with our intensive daytime classes. Night classes help English in the workplace and intermediate level fluency and pronunciation. New Zealand residents’ fees are subsidised.
Stay in great shape
Our Healthy Body & Mind Classes are among the most popular held at Parnell Community Centre. Classes in Hatha Yoga, Tai Chi & Qigong and The Art of Dance are all strength and balance classes approved by ACC's Live Stronger for Longer programme. Along with our Pilates classes, they're great for all ages and can help +65 year olds stay stronger for longer and prevent falls.
Discover a hidden talent as you learn or build on your skills from our classes in drawing, painting, creative flower arranging, knitting, calligraphy. We're also introducing two new classes - Floral Design and Pointed Pen Calligraphy.
Be sociable and join in activities at Parnell Community Centre:
Join in one of our fun social groups. One $10 annual fee covers your membership for all social activities, then pay a small fee ($3-$8) per session, which includes tea, coffee and biscuits.
Play Bridge: New members and players of all levels are always welcome to join two professionally managed Bridge groups at the Centre. Partners for players can be arranged if needed.
- Parnell St Johns Bridge Club plays on Monday nights from 7.30-10pm, offering a friendly game with exposure to competition bridge
- Parnell Community Centre’s Bridge Group plays on Friday afternoons from 1-4pm and has more than 90 members.
Play Scrabble: Tuesdays from 1.30-3.30pm. We’re looking for more Scrabble fans! Test your word power and improve your game over afternoon tea.
For further details about our community classes and activities, see our website or contact Aya on 09 555 5164.
Most classes and activities are held in the Parnell Community Centre (Jubilee Building) at 545 Parnell Road. You’ll find details of all our classes here on Parnell NZ website.
Signing up for a class or activity is easy:
- Enrol online or
- Complete an enrolment form (available online or within our printed programme) then email or post it to us; or
- Come to the Parnell Community Centre office in the Jubilee Building, opposite the Parnell Library at 545 Parnell Road, to enrol in person. (Cash, credit card, EFTPOS and cheque payments accepted.)
- You must enrol and pay for your class before it begins. (Tutors cannot accept enrolments or payments.)
- Our class and activity fees include GST.
- A 10% discount applies for senior citizens (65+) with a Gold Card or people with a Community Services Card.
- No discounts for casual attendance activities or annual membership fees.
- Only one discount per enrolment please.
- Receipts are issued on request or at first class.
- Material costs are not included, unless otherwise stated.
- A $2.50 transaction fee will be added to Credit Card payments.
Artistry of Flowers - Ikebana for Beginners
Tarot reading workshops in Auckland city. Ever wanted to tap into your spiritual side? Have doubts but looking to get started with tarots. Discover what it is all about with our free tart workshops.
Fresh ideas from clever crafters at Craft Harvest.
Come and see the amazing line-up of fresh and original, high quality hand-made craft at Craft Harvest. With new stallholders participating all the time, there's always something new to discover.
Treat yourself and a group of friends to a special High Tea this summer and enjoy the beautiful gardens in Auckland Domain.
Perfect for celebrating a birthday, a baby shower or any special occasion. Bookings are essential and available between 1130am and 3pm.
Various session times daily.