This class is now full.
Yoga harmonises the physical, mental and spiritual aspects of life. Learn techniques for relaxing and de-stressing through simple breathing exercises and physical postures that increase muscle tone and flexibility. Choose your level depending on your experience. Own mat required.
Tutor: Lynn Oram
Parnell Community Trust runs an exciting programme of Community Classes and Activities at Parnell Community Centre. Our January - July 2016 programme is now online, with flyers available now from Parnell Community Centre, central Auckland libraries and other local outlets. Let us know if you'd like us to mail you a copy - phone Sarah on 09 555 5164.
Exciting new activities and classes:
- Music, Rhythm and Dance: Open Floor Dance Rhythms
- Culinary Delights: Indian Cooking Workshop
- Creative Art, Craft & Design: Creative Flower Arranging, Anyone Can Draw, Collage Paper Images, - Gift Wrapping Workshop and Raranga – Maori Flax Weaving
- Social Activities: Common Ground Gardening Group and Parnell Coffee & Chat
Pathways to Success:
In 2017 we introduce a new category of classes designed to help you turn your goals into a reality to achieve the lifestyle and business you dream of (Step Into Your Future); discover your purpose in life and business for success in doing what you love (Design Your Life); and build digital skills for the workplace (Digital Literacy for Job Seekers).
Sustainable Urban Living Workshops:
This very popular series returns in 2017, with eight workshops set to run over consecutive Saturdays. Spend two hours picking up useful tips from our experts. This series includes two new workshops: Growing and Preserving Fruits and Vegetables with Lynda Hallinan, and Living Waste Free with Waveney Warth. Dates for the workshops have yet to be finalised so please check our website for updates or email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive notice of updates.
Ongoing classes at Parnell Community Centre include our popular language series - French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin and ESOL English for new New Zealanders; Pilates day and evening classes, Yoga, Tai Chi, Dance and Stretch and more.
Our social activities include bridge, mah jong, seniors coffee and chat, walking group, film club, Scrabble, knitting group and more. Annual membership for Parnell Community Centre social activities: One $10 membership fee, payable in January or on joining, covers all leisure activities in 2017, with an additional small cost per session. Join at any time. New members are always welcome.
Phone - 09 555 5164 for enquiries.
You’ll find details of all our classes here or at the website.
Signing up for a class or activity is easy:
- Enrol online at http://www.parnell.org.nz/Parnell-Community-Centre-Classes-Learning-Enr…; or
- Complete an enrolment form (available online or within our printed programme) then email or post it to us; or
- Come to the Parnell Community Centre office in the Jubilee Building, opposite the Parnell Library at 545 Parnell Road, to enrol in person. (Cash, credit card, EFTPOS and cheque payments accepted.)
- You must enrol and pay for your class before it begins. (Tutors cannot accept enrolments or payments.)
- Our class and activity fees include GST.
- A 10% discount applies for senior citizens (65+) and people with a Community Services Card.
- No discounts for casual attendance activities or annual membership fees.
- Only one discount per enrolment, please.
- Receipts are issued on request or at first class.
- Material costs are not included unless otherwise stated.
- A $2.50 transaction fee will be added to Credit Card payments.
Hatha Yoga - Continuing
Nestled in a charming historic villa in the heart of Parnell, we exhibit a beautiful and ever changing selection of Fine Art.
Come shopping at Parnell Farmers' Market this weekend! Bump into friends, have a coffee and stock up on the freshest fruit, vegetables, meat, flowers, delectable bakery, deli produce and more every weekend, brought to you by the producers themselves.
Gain basic training in stylish Italic handwriting as you learn the foundations of calligraphy and how to balance the discipline and knowledge of handwriting with the emotional, aesthetic and intellectual depth of this timeless art-form.
Learn basic grammar, writing, speaking and listening of the Japanese language.
Learn basic grammar, start building your vocabulary and learn useful phrases for your travels in Portuguese speaking countries. We’ll practice conversation through interactive activities and use handouts to help build your communication skills.
Tutor: Aline Silva
Learn basic grammar, pronunciation and vocabulary, and how to talk with New Zealanders. For those who have a small amount of English to build upon.
*Price for Non-Resident is $324, please pay the remaining amount at the Parnell Trust office.
Tutor: Judy O'Brien/Denise Omar