Updated 26 November, 2021
On Friday 22 October, the Government announced an economic support package for businesses affected by higher alert levels, as the country transitions to the new COVID-19 Protection Framework. You can read the full announcement here.
Activate Tāmaki Makaurau includes a package for Auckland businesses, specifically for the areas below.
- Business Advice
- Implementation Grants
- First Steps - Health and Wellbeing support
- Business community resources
Activate Tāmaki Makaurau connects eligible Auckland businesses with this support. It allows businesses to navigate the current environment and build resilience by helping them work through tough decisions, seize future opportunities, and adapt where necessary to enable recovery and growth.
Registrations now open
Registrations are now open to become Activate Tāmaki Makaurau service provider.
You must be registered and approved as a service provider with Activate Tāmaki Makaurau, even if you are an RBP service provider.
Professional indemnity insurance
Please be aware that to be a verified service provider for both this programme and the Regional Business Partner programme, you must have professional indemnity insurance of at least $1 milllion. Contact your insurance broker for more information.
If you have Auckland clients interested in accessing this support, please ask them to do one of the following:
- Visit ActivateAuckland.co.nz; or
- Contact the COVID-19 Business Helpline on 0800 500 362 or
- Email their enquiry to email@example.com
Key documents for Activate Tāmaki Makaurau service providers
- Please make sure your service descriptions include sufficient detail about the advice you are providing or the management capability learnings from the service.
- The hourly rate for different tasks or staff used should be relative to the cost of that task or staff member, and should be within expected market rates for those types of activities.
- The hourly rate and the number of hours for client-facing and non-client-facing activities should be clear, and your client should be able to understand how many hours (at what cost) will be used with different staff.
- The total amount on the proposal (excluding out-of-scope items) should not exceed the maximum levels available for Business Advice or Implementation Grants.
- Please make sure your proposal does not include any of the items listed on the service category eligibility guide as 'not fundable'.
All assessments are made by Activate Tāmaki Makaurau advisors/assessors and are based on the needs the business has expressed to Activate Tāmaki Makaurau. Funding levels may be related to:
- The size and complexity of the business.
- The degree to which the proposal meets the needs of the business.
- The level of funding available.
- The degree to which the proposal meets the guidelines for funding.