Innovation hubs, c o-share working spaces, incubators and accelerators can all facilitate more rapid development of ideas, innovation and business growth.
If you want to find an innovation hub, incubator or accelerator suited to your business and industry, ATEED can connect you with the right people to make it happen. Auckland's varied shared spaces offer a range of locations and ways of working, and provide the opportunity to connect - and in some instances collaborate - with like-minded businesses and entrepreneurs.
Innovation business spaces
Find more information on R&D facilities and expertise here.
GridAKL is part of Auckland City’s Wynyard Quarter Innovation Precinct. The GridAKL ethos is one of inclusivity and prosperity for all of Auckland. GridAKL looks to bring together Place, Community and Services with a mission of growing innovative businesses, creating jobs and entrepreneurial talent to enrich the wider innovation community for Auckland’s economic future.
The FoodBowl - Te Ipu Kai is Auckland’s state-of-the-art facility for food and beverage producers to test and develop new products.
Incubators and accelerators
Business incubators usually combine a business development programme with infrastructure, such as co-working spaces and networks, and are designed to nurture start-up businesses through their early development.
Accelerators offer intensive, rapid-growth programmes - usually between three and six months - to get companies prepared for investors, commercialisation and their next phase of growth, within a short timeframe.
An incubator or accelerator can help:
- validate your idea or product
- plan your business model and validate the market
- build personal business skills
- prepare you to pitch to investors
- find the right space or environment to work in
- find funding for investment and commercialisation.
See a full list of New Zealand incubators at innovationcouncil.org.nz.
Flux exists to empower and support high calibre founders to build and scale great technology companies.
Astrolab adopts complex technologies across a range of sectors. Working alongside early-stage partners, it develops pathways to take New Zealand ideas to the world stage.
Shared spaces, also known as co-work spaces, offer flexible and affordable workspaces for a variety of businesses, from sole traders and business travellers to small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
- The Icehouse – A loft-style shared office space in Parnell.
- Generator – A serviced office, business club and functions venue, located in Britomart and GridAKL / Wynyard Quarter, central Auckland.
- The Crate – Shared office space on Auckland’s North Shore.
- Movers and Shakers – A one-of-a-kind co-working, meeting and event space in Britomart.
- Share Space – Provides space to work independently and the opportunity to connect, socialise and collaborate with others in New Lynn.
- Alike – A co-working space in the heart of the city.
- The Arcade Auckland – A shared workspace for indie game developers in Mount Eden.
- The Distiller – Shared creative spaces for tech startups.
- B:Hive – A co-working space with flexible leasing options in Smales Farm on Auckland’s North Shore.
- Generator @ GridAKL / 12 Madden St & Mason Bros – Stunning purpose-designed coworking spaces in the heart of Wynyard Quarter, Auckland. Ultra-modern, stylish and wired with the most advanced technology systems available.
- GridAKL / John Lysaght Building / 101 Pakenham St West – This beautifully converted building is GridAKL’s Start-Up hub, situated in the waterfront surrounds of Wynyard Quarter. The GridAKL team provides the space, support, inspiration and resources needed for a strong and vibrant innovation culture and community.
- BizDojo Life at BizDojo is more than a desk; with spaces, people and programs that help you and your business grow. We are passionate about creating communities of talented, clever humans that are following their passions.
Can you take the engine from a Toyota K series Vitz and convert it into a powerful jetboat engine? Turns out you can with a bit of help from ATEED.