These high-profile awards celebrate the achievements of the exceptional individuals who work in New Zealand hotels in roles ranging from Front Office Services to General Manager, as well as a hotel with an outstanding environmental initiative.
Jeremy Healy of Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour was awarded the General Manager of the Year Award and Novotel Auckland Airport’s General Manager Paul Columbus was named Senior Hotel Executive of the Year. Both winners were recognised for their active role in the wider Auckland hotel sector, as well as their strong leadership capabilities and demonstrating their passion for their work.
The judging process selected candidates who demonstrated a number of factors, such as receiving recognition from hotel guests beyond the norm, demonstrating a remarkable commitment to their employer, having undergone training to further their career, and personal attributes such as personality, problem solving, and anticipating guests’ needs.
The 2019 New Zealand Hotel Industry Award Auckland winners are:
Hotel Industry General Manager of the Year, sponsored by AHS Hospitality
• Jeremy Healy, General Manager, Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour
Hotel Industry Senior Hotel Executive of the Year, sponsored by Dalman Architects of Space
• Paul Columbus, General Manager, Novotel Auckland Airport
Hotel Industry Administration Employee of the Year
• Nicolette van Lieshout, Building Futures Project Manager, Accor New Zealand Regional Office
Hotel Industry Concierge of the Year, sponsored by Sparkle Master Drycleaners
• Frederique Irion, Concierge, Cordis, Auckland
Hotel Industry Front Office Services Employee of the Year, sponsored by the New Zealand School of Tourism
• Kevin Dias, Front Office Manager, Sudima Auckland Airport
Hotel Industry Sales, Marketing & Distribution Employee of the Year, sponsored by Fastrack Digital
• Elizabeth Burrett, Marketing Manager, SKYCITY Hotels, Sky Tower and Tourism, SKYCITY Entertainment Group
A list of all the winners can be found here.