Experience the incredible Hauraki Gulf – visited by 1/3 of all marine-mammal species and right next to Auckland! With daily safari and charter options available direct from down-town Auckland there’s no need to travel far to have a wildlife adventure.
Auckland Whale & Dolphin Safari make it easy to experience the incredible wildlife and beautiful sights of the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park. Our 4.5hr eco-safari offers guaranteed whale and dolphin viewing year-round, departing direct from the Viaduct Harbour in down-town Auckland city.
But this is so much more than just whale and dolphin watching. The privilege of being the only experience of our kind permitted within this area has led us to establish New Zealand's only research-based marine mammal experience. Our safari combines spectacular viewing of whales, dolphins and sea-birds with important Marine Biology research conducted on-board. Allowing the general public the chance to encounter, understand and above-all help protect this incredible resource of marine life.
There's no need to travel far to enjoy a truly world-class wildlife adventure. With over a third of all marine-mammal species seen within the area and a viewing rate of over 95%, the amazing Hauraki Gulf Marine Park is one of the best places on the entire planet to see whales and dolphins. Best of all it’s right on Auckland’s doorstep!
- 4.5 hour Eco-cruise on Auckland’s beautiful Hauraki Gulf Marine Park
- GUARANTEED Marine Mammal viewing – or come back for free!
- Incredibly Convenient – departs daily from the Viaduct Harbour, down-town Auckland City.
- Watch & Learn – Expert commentary and Interaction with our on-board Marine Research Scientists
- Highly Recommended - TripAdvisor 'Certificate of Excellence' 2013 - 2016
- Relaxed & Comfortable – 65ft luxury catamaran holds up to 100 people, with fully licensed café/bar.
- Perfect for Groups - Private charters, special group rates and catering options available.