MOTAT is New Zealand’s largest transport, technology and social history museum. With excellent facilities and historic charm, MOTAT is the perfect venue for your next function or event.
Could you imagine your next function being beautifully laid out beneath the majestic wings of the world’s last remaining Solent Mark IV Flying Boat or amidst the historical buildings of gentle days gone past? If so, then the Museum of Transport and Technology (MOTAT) in Auckland has an exciting range of venue options to consider.
For over 50 years MOTAT has been dear to the hearts of Aucklanders and its popularity as a unique function venue has grown exponentially in recent times. Prominent organisations such as Air New Zealand, Burger Fuel, Tangible Media and the Travel Agents' Association of New Zealand (TAANZ), to name but a few, have all elected to host their successful events at MOTAT.
From the multi-award winning Aviation Display Hall (ADH) to the intimate Historic Village or iconic Cropper House, MOTAT has the facilities and character to provide the perfect venue for your next event. The Museum’s experienced team have arranged shareholder meetings, company picnics, business functions, wedding ceremonies and receptions, parties, product launches and team building experiences of varying sizes.
MOTAT’s unique spaces are rich in heritage and can host up to 800 people in cocktail style or 350 for a seated dinner. They can be booked for evening or daytime functions, with the exception of the Aviation Display Hall, which is only available from 6pm until midnight. There is however special circumstances where product launches could be arranged in the ADH during the day.
Our professional functions team will be able to make recommendations based on your event size. We have a number of approved suppliers who can provide catering and staff. Complete your experience with our special add-ons such as exclusive tram rides or photo opportunities. Our versatile range of spaces can be customised to meet your requirements for event theme and guest numbers.
- Personalised tours of exhibitions.
- Group bookings available with discounted admission and preferential group admission to the site.
- Exciting team building activities based around NZ history
- Unlimited Tram rides with entry
- Catering packages available
- A range of on-site function venues
- Two on-site meeting rooms providing space for post-activity meetings
- An easy drive from the Central City and Outer Suburbs
- 2 sites to choose from, with a range of venues to select
- Onsite parking at our Meola Road site
- Situated an easy distance from notable conference facilities