This day-long and overnight activity is designed to inspire you to connect with nature.
You will be introduced to the principles of being clean and green, learn about Auckland's amazing wildlife and Māori history and immerse yourself in the stunning Waitakere Ranges for an unforgettable experience.
- participate in a workshop about litter, plastic reduction and safety
- visit the Arataki visitor centre, where you will be welcomed by the park ranger
- learn about Māori history
- walk to the beach through the native bush
- volunteer for beach clean-up
- stay at the Waitakere Ranges hiking hut
- stargaze (if weather permits)
- meet other students from around the world.
Get Into Nature is is a programme open to any international student aged 18+ currently studying in Auckland.
The programme has been developed by the social enterprise, Got To Get Out, and is supported by Study Auckland as a way of helping students get to know Auckland better and have some fun together.
If you're interested in future events like this, please sign up to our newsletter below.
Thank you for your enquiry.
We’ll be in touch soon to let you know about great events and opportunities for international students in Auckland.
If you would like to buy a discounted International Student Identity Card (ISIC), please use our Study Auckland link to get your card for $20 instead of $30.