Auckland construction and infrastructure companies
These are some of our largest and busiest construction and infrastructure companies.
Agoge Recruitment specialises in the transport, logistics, infrastructure and manufacturing industries.
Allerton Recruitment focuses on construction, civil engineering and other specific engineering sectors.
Building Recruitment is involved in permanent, temporary and contract recruitment, servicing a wide range of roles in building and construction.
Dare Contract Services specialises in recruiting engineers in the oil and gas, mining and infrastructure industries.
Top job opportunities
Auckland’s top construction-related job opportunities are expected to grow significantly between 2015 and 2021:
*Source: Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment Future demand for construction workers July 2016
There are also numerous opportunities for trades workers, including plumbers, electricians, carpenters and joiners, building and plumbing labourers, and electrical distribution trades workers. Employment in construction and infrastructure in Auckland is expected to grow by 32,000 jobs between 2015 and 2021.
Planned work in Auckland includes:
- new residential builds – including more apartments (particularly in the central city) and special housing areas (government initiatives to meet housing needs)
- civil work – including roads, rail and interchanges for bus/train, residential subdivisions, water, wastewater, stormwater
- retirement villages – both new and expansions
- student accommodation
- new town centres and improvements to older suburbs
- commercial – including retail, mixed-use developments (mix of residential, retail, office and parking), hotels, flexible-plan commercial buildings, airport and school expansions, car parking, civic and university buildings, theatres, and tourist, sporting and zoo facilities.
Source: Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment National Construction Pipeline Report 2016