With many large-scale projects and new companies springing up throughout Auckland, there’s never been a more exciting time to work here.
Our population, economy and key industry sectors are all growing rapidly, which means more career opportunities than ever before. We’re big enough to be connected to other global business hubs around the world, but small enough that making connections is easy, and career progression can be significantly faster than larger cities.
Building relationships and making connections are important when you’re working in Auckland. A good way to start is by joining industry associations and going to local networking events.
- New Zealand Now – provides general information about finding work in New Zealand, including tips on CVs and job interviews
- Workhere – connects global top talent to Auckland and New Zealand-based companies with in-demand jobs
- Careers New Zealand Regional Job Matcher – match your skills and interests to jobs in Auckland
- New Kiwis – gives free guidance on how to find work in your industry
- Working in New Zealand – to help you search for jobs and employers
- If you’re an overseas student wanting to work in Auckland, visit the Immigration New Zealand website for more information.
With over 3 million job opportunities from around the world available at any given time, SEEK’s extensive job listings can help you find and apply for jobs in Auckland.
Known as the place where Kiwis buy and sell online, Trade Me is works to connect people and businesses to help them find and exchange goods and services – including work and employment.
Local government jobs
Browse current vacancies at the careers portal of Auckland Council, Auckland’s local government. You can also register for personalised email alerts for jobs that you may be suited to.