This short, in-work course supports your Pacific people to gain confidence in being a leader.
How does the course work?
Future Ready: Leadership Confidence is part of a four-year, MBIE-funded programme to help upskill Auckland’s Pacific workers so people have the skills and knowledge to adapt to the future of work. The course is:
- A short (16 hours) in-work training course, delivered over 8 weeks (2 hours per week or tailored to suit your workplace)
- Delivered on-site or online, by expert education providers
- No cost - fully government funded
- Externally accredited - employees gain a digital badge
What will your people learn?
- Understand their leadership strengths, as well as their areas to grow
- How to use the ‘personality types/communication preferences’ model to understand why we all communicate differently
- How to create a communication action plan to identify the best ways to communicate with the team and family members
- How to motivate others: external and internal motivation factors, the values-based motivation approach and goal setting as a motivational practice
- How to apply active listening skills
- How to work with their manager to grow their own career pathways