Elemental AKL is a new region-wide festival illuminating Tāmaki Makaurau during winter.
Be energised and entertained with a diverse array of thought-provoking new works, crowd-pleasers, and interactive, immersive events.
Take part in a captivating programme of more than 40 free and ticketed events showcasing Auckland’s vibrancy through light, cuisine, culture and entertainment.
Here is a selection of the festival programme:
- Dazzling light shows – Stunning installations lighting up Auckland’s parks, waterfronts, city streets, and other public spaces.
- Magic Myths and Legends of Aotearoa
- Elements of Parnell
- Mahurangi Winter Festival of Lights
- The Glow Show
- Regional flavours – Delicious dining events and masterclasses, curated menus, local wine and craft beer festivities, and a diverse range of fabulous food shows.
- Craft'd Wine and Spirits Festival
- The Big Foodie Food Tours
- Wine and Food Celebration
- Sunset Sail and Graze
- Cultural spectaculars – Vibrant Māori and Pasifika performances, captivating theatre, and interactive events.
- Te Korakora
- Te Hono
- Matariki on the Waterfront
- InMotion Matariki
- Celebrate Marariki at Auckland Zoo
- Entertainment – Dynamic theatre productions, unforgettable storytelling, and awe-inspiring musical performances.
- First Thursdays
- Art After Hours
- Pop-up Globe
- NZ International Film Festival
- War Horse
- NZ Trio
- Mid Winter Magic
Elemental AKL will delight, inspire and show you why Tāmaki Makaurau is a place unlike any other.