Visit the Weird and Wonderful Discovery Centre at Auckland Museum. You’ll get to touch objects from the natural sciences collection and have fun with the new interactive digital displays. Later, you can run around in the Domain and enjoy a picnic lunch and an ice block.
This is an Adventure Seekers activity for children aged 5 -14 years old. Please wear or bring the recommended clothing and footwear. This is an offsite activity. Please arrive before 9am as most activities are scheduled to depart at 9am.
Note for Busy Parents - remember you can drop your children off with us from as early as 7:30am and pick them up as late as 6pm at no extra charge.
About Parnell Trust's School Holiday Programmes:
Parnell Trust’s Programmes for Children team are back with more awesome activities and adventures for your kids these holidays!
Take a look at our full Summer Fiesta programme, with activities at Parnell and Epsom, then enrol online. Choose whatever works best for you and your kids from onsite fun, offsite adventures, On the Move action, and Special Projects for Computer Game Design workshops, LEGO EV3 & Mindstorms, and Minecraft Gaming!
Why choose Parnell Community Trust’s School Holiday Programme?
- Our longer hours are perfect for working parents - drop children off at the programme location you’ve selected as early as 7:30am and collect them as late as 6pm. Our central Auckland locations at Glanville Terrace and Gladstone Road, Parnell and The Drive, Epsom are perfect for locals and commuters alike.
- With our long experience in running excellent school holiday programmes, Parnell Community Trust has everything in place to make joining us as effortless as possible for parents and a lot of fun for your children.
- Water Safety: Parnell Trust has been looking after children for more than 20 years. On all our offsite programme activities we have a minimum of one staff member for every eight children. Whenever we take children anywhere near water - to pools or beaches - we increase our staff numbers so we have one member of staff for every five children. We look after your children very well.
- In all activities, we place children in compatible age groups to ensure they have the best time.
- At all our activities and at all times we ensure there are staff qualified in First Aid treatment.
- We take the best care of your children - most of our staff are trained primary school teachers and all our programmes meet Department of Child, Youth and Family Services standards.
- As our programmes are accredited by Ministry of Social Development, subsidies are available.
Weird and Wonderful - Parnell Trust Holiday Programme
Advances in neuroscience and epigenetics have completely reshaped our understanding of the brain and the impact that early life stressors such as insecure attachments, abuse, neglect and other traumatic events can have on the developing brain's structure and function.
As the field of psychology becomes increasingly integrative and sophisticated in its understanding of human development and transformation, so has the area of anxiety and its related disorders advanced considerably in recent years.