Albert Park, Auckland city centre
Thursday 13 February, lantern-only night from 7pm – 10.30pm (no food/craft stalls or performances)
Friday 14 – Sunday 16 February, full festival programme from 5.00pm – 10.30pm
Queens Wharf, Auckland waterfront
14 - 16 February 2014, 2.00pm – 9.00pm
Be enchanted - immerse yourself in the magic of the Auckland Lantern Festival.
The sun goes down and the lanterns light up. Experience the Auckland Lantern Festival in two stunning venues, each showcasing the diversity of Chinese culture:
- Journey through the spectacular illumination of lanterns, feast on Chinese delicacies and enjoy stunning on-stage performances at Albert Park.
- Catch an outdoor movie at Queens Wharf, take part in kids’ activities and enjoy a laid-back encounter with contemporary Chinese culture on the waterfront.
The Auckland Lantern Festival is one of our city’s favourite cultural events and in 2014 will celebrate its 15th year. Highlights for the 2014 festival include:
- A lantern-only night on Thursday 13 February for those who want to enjoy the hand-crafted decorations in a more relaxed environment.
- Outdoor movies by the waterfront – an urban picnic with feature films and short films for all the family to enjoy
- Three evenings of main stage performance, including martial arts, dance and live music. International and local artists will perform everything from rock and contemporary folk music to drumming and traditional dance.
- A spectacular fireworks finale from the Sky Tower.
Watch the highlights from Auckland Lantern Festival 2013: