Key features and facilities
- 2 sound stages: 2,336.3m2 (25,000ft2) each and 14m (45.9ft) minimum internal height to underside of roof trusses supporting the lighting grid
- Warehouse stage area: 4036m2 (43,448ft2), 9m-11m (30ft-36ft) in height
- Workshop and manufacture space/secondary stage area: 6160m2 (66,305ft2)
- Production offices area: 1215m2 (13,084ft2) with fibre connection and Wi-Fi-fit out
- Permanent green screen wall: 70.6m x 13m (231ft x 42ft) with a surface area of 920 m2 (9900 ft2)
- Temporary stunt rehearsal tank, in addition to dive tank and ocean surface tank
- 12ha (30 acre) forest backlot with a mile of track
Underwater Dive Tank (covered)
Volume: 1.267 million litres (334,686 US gallons/278,684 lmp gallons)
Diameter: 18m (59.5ft)
Maximum depth: 4.9m (16ft)
Stair access and 6.8m2 (73ft2) platform just below water level for diver access
State-of-the-art Hydroxypure/Ozone water treatment system that creates crystal-clear water with maximum temperature 33°C (91°F).
Ocean Surface Tank (outdoor)
- Volume: 2.5 million litres (660,430 US gallons/549,923 lmp gallons)
- Length: 36m- 54m (118 to 177ft)
- Width: 40m (131ft)
- Depth: 0.7m to pit of 3m (2.5ft and 10ft) with the base of the pit 17m2 (55ft2) with a 9.6m2 (31.5ft2) reinforced concrete foundation pad below the liner for attaching hardware
- Traditional chlorine treatment system with a maximum temperature 32°C (89°F).
Location and proximity
As well as these exceptional facilities, the studio complex’s central location gives you easy access and proximity to numerous digital and post-production facilities and experts, cast, crew and behind-the-scenes talent, and other film studios in Auckland and New Zealand.
Kumeu is in Auckland’s west, a beautiful region popular with filmmakers for its dramatic black-sand surf beaches, rugged coastline and clifftops, picturesque farmland and pristine native forest.
See our prospectus for more details and images