Note: Video taken before construction of second sound stage.
Key features and facilities
- Two sound stages: 2,336.3m2 (25,000ft2) each and 14m (45.9ft) minimum internal height to underside of roof trusses supporting the lighting grid
- Warehouse stage area: 4036m2 (43,448ft2), 9m-11m (30ft-36ft) in height
- Workshop and manufacture space/secondary stage area: 6160m2 (66,305ft2)
- Production offices area: 1215m2 (13,084ft2) with fibre connection and Wi-Fi-fit out
- Permanent green screen wall: 70.6m x 13m (231ft x 42ft) with a surface area of 920 m2 (9900 ft2)
- Temporary stunt rehearsal tank, in addition to dive tank and ocean surface tank
- 12ha (30 acre) forest backlot with a mile of track
Underwater Dive Tank (covered)
Volume: 1.267 million litres (334,686 US gallons/278,684 lmp gallons)
Diameter: 18m (59.5ft)
Maximum depth: 4.9m (16ft)
Stair access and 6.8m2 (73ft2) platform just below water level for diver access
State-of-the-art Hydroxypure/Ozone water treatment system that creates crystal-clear water with maximum temperature 33°C (91°F).
Ocean Surface Tank (outdoor)
- Volume: 2.5 million litres (660,430 US gallons/549,923 lmp gallons)
- Length: 36m- 54m (118 to 177ft)
- Width: 40m (131ft)
- Depth: 0.7m to pit of 3m (2.5ft and 10ft) with the base of the pit 17m2 (55ft2) with a 9.6m2 (31.5ft2) reinforced concrete foundation pad below the liner for attaching hardware
- Traditional chlorine treatment system with a maximum temperature 32°C (89°F).
Overview of Kumeu Film Studio
Internal image of a soundstage at Kumeu Film Studio.
Note: Image taken before construction of second sound stage.
Location and proximity
As well as these exceptional facilities, the studio complex’s central location gives you easy access and proximity to numerous digital and post-production facilities and experts, cast, crew and behind-the-scenes talent, and other film studios in Auckland and New Zealand.
Kumeu is in Auckland’s west, a beautiful region popular with filmmakers for its dramatic black-sand surf beaches, rugged coastline and clifftops, picturesque farmland and pristine native forest.
See our prospectus for more details and images