To celebrate women’s football, Papaya Stories has designed a brand-new immersive audio adventure to inspire locals and visitors to celebrate Auckland's sights, history and highlights through music, dance and theatre.
First meet your host in Aotea Square, then don your headphones and tune into the hour-long programme of pre-recorded audio entertainment where you’ll be invited to play, move and dance.
Be inspired to interact with your surroundings in fresh new ways as everything around you comes to life, with strangers transforming into performers, and public spaces becoming a dance floor - or maybe even a football field? Featuring a playlist that reflects the art, music and culture of whichever teams are playing, the groovy Papaya Stories team will move you to warm up before each game.
Then to cap the experience off, prepare for an epic dance battle that celebrates traditional cultural elements of the teams playing in the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup that night.
Suitable ages 7 and up.
- When: Each walk around 60 minutes
- NZ vs Norway Themed - Thursday 20 July, 5.30pm - Cancelled
- Spain vs Costa Rica Themed - Friday 21 July, 6:30pm
- Zambia vs Japan Themed - Saturday 22 July, 6.30pm
- Sweden vs Italy Themed - Saturday 29 July, 6:30 pm
- France vs Brazil Themed - Saturday 29 July, 8.30pm
- Jamaica vs Brazil Themed - Wednesday 2 August, 8:30pm
- Start at Aotea Square
- Finish at The Cloud Fan Zone
- $25 Single Ticket
- $45 Double Pass - Two Tickets
Location Te wāhi
Aotea SquarePlan your route
Getting there Te huarahi ki reira
Aotea Square is located in the city centre, a 15-minute walk from Britomart station. If you're driving, affordable parking can be found in the Civic Car Park, directly beneath the square.
Local tip He tīwhiri mō te rohe
Grab a drink and catch a show at Basement Theatre. Hidden away on a back street behind Aotea Square, this intimate space empowers emerging artists and creatives to push the boundaries of theatre, art, music, and dance.