Once you’ve developed new or improved products and services through research and development, your next step is to commercialise.
A great idea needs six things to have a chance of commercialisation and success:
- A validated solution to a problem and high level of uniqueness
- A go-to person who can deliver it
- A go-to person who can sell it
- A governance person who can manage it
- Cash to fund R&D, protect and commercialise the IP (intellectual property) – a combination of grants and investors can help this process
- A well-defined pathway to market.
Auckland’s network of business incubators can help you navigate these steps to take your business to market.