Could you be Auckland’s next great innovator or entrepreneur?
Innovation-focused businesses typically grow faster, pay higher wages and compete better internationally – as well as being key drivers of economic growth and prosperity.
Auckland provides an increasingly fertile environment for entrepreneurship and innovation to flourish, as evidenced by its rapidly growing technology sector, deep research capability and rich startup culture. ATEED works to build business capability and create the conditions necessary for innovation and entrepreneurship to thrive.
Backing tomorrow's innovators
Auckland’s globally-ranked tertiary education sector is an important contributor to the city’s innovation culture. Prominent initiatives include The University of Auckland’s Velocity programme, Auckland’s premier student entrepreneurship competition and speaker series, and Co.Starters, a startup accelerator run by Auckland University of Technology (AUT).
Youth entrepreneurship is also a focus for ATEED through its delivery of the DIGMYIDEA Māori Innovation Challenge and iDEAStarter programmes, and its strategic role in delivering the Lion Foundation Youth Enterprise Scheme (YES) in the Auckland region.
How we can help
If your business is looking to develop a new product or service with the potential to disrupt and drive competition in the market, our Business and Innovation Advisors can help. As Auckland’s economic development agency, we’re connected to thousands of businesses, organisations and individuals who can help you innovate your business.
- give you free and independent advice on innovation and R&D strategy
- facilitate government funding and services on behalf of New Zealand Trade and Enterprise and Callaghan Innovation
- help you find investors and commercialise your product or service
- find events, programmes, facilities and other innovation opportunities suited to you and your product or service, including business incubators and innovation hubs
- connect you to the right networks and contacts, including research expertise and innovative communities.
We provide these services with the help of the Regional Business Partner (RBP) Network – a network of organisations dedicated to helping New Zealand businesses grow.
Can office furniture increase productivity? According to Blair McKolskey, Managing Director at IQ Commercial, yes it can.
Stay in touch and up-to-date with Auckland’s business events, news and workshops.